Disappearing email?

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:03:33 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Stephen Craig <ag011@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Stephen,

    Have you checked your JUNKMAIL folder, in case they ended up in there,
for some reason?  Sometimes, email from Yahoo, Hotmail etc, will trigger
a spam bounce due to the advertisments that these free services place at
the bottom of their emails (to help pay for their free services).  If the
ads are too intrusive, our spam filters may kick them into your JUNKMAIL
folder, where you can check them later (they will be automatically deleted
after a month, so check regularly).

    If you suspect any tampering with your account, whatsoever, we advise
you to change your password immediately.  CCN and many other ISPs have
been hit with a 'phony support files' storm the last few weeks.  These
so-called 'support files' simply change names for whichever ISP is being
targetted.  We try to warn all our users to never believe any of this crap
that slips through our filters.

    Spammers try to make these messages look as official as possible, but
the rule of thumb to keep in mind is: we will NEVER ask you for your
passwords EVER and, any time we would need to intervene in your account,
would be at your bequest and we would contact you personally to make sure
that the person we were talking to is you and only you.  Our password file
is heavily encrypted.  We can't even read it ourselves, which is the way
we prefer it.  If you ever need your password reset by the office, for
some reason; once they acertain your identity, they would assign a
temporary new password, which you would, later, change at your leisure.

    We would also never issue 'support files' as these are claiming
to be.  If we were to make a change in the setup of the accounts, for
some rare reason, it would be an technical change at CCN and not involve
any users adding 'support files' to their account.  Change your password
to be on the safe side.  You should always change your passwords every 6
months anyway.

CCN Help