Connecting via new laptop...

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 15:23:31 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    Once you receive your new laptop, let us know what operating system
it's running (ie... W7, Vista, XP) and if it has an SSH-compliant telnet
program (HyperTerminal) accessible from the Accessories/Communications/
folder.  If not, you can use PuTTY, a good freeware after-market program
for connecting to Chebucto and Lynx.

    If using PuTTy, set it to connect to host: chebucto.ca using SSH2 and
set the keyboard option for backspace to be Ctrl-H and then save your
settings.  Once you reach the CCN homepage, everything should work as you
have been used to all along.

    If you use local high speed in Truro, it will enable you to SSH-telnet
anywhere in the world including to your account in Australia as well as
CCN.  Unfortunately, CCN's wireless service isn't available in Truro but
our website and your account are accessible to you.

Tony @ CCN Help