address book

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:24:35 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ruth Bailey <ac288@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Ruth,

    It's very simple; email it to yourself.  After logging into PINE:

    1. Use 'c' to compose a new email to your own email address.

    2. Press ^r (control-r) to read the addressbook into the body of your
email.  When it asks for a filename, use:

                              ~/.addressbook

      (that's a tilde, forward slash, a dot and the word 'addressbook')

    3. Send it.  When it arrives as an email in your account, just save it
as you would any other other email, export it to a file or print it as you
normally would any email.

Hope this helps,

    FYI: quite a few CCN users still prefer PINE, which has now progressed
to version 1.0 called Alpine, although we still use version 4.64 of PINE.

Tony @ CCN Help