sign in problems

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:33:58 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    Try a want ad on Kijiji in your area.  You may find someone with CBM
stuff, looking to give it away to a new home.  Either that or eBay,
comp.sys.cbm etc.

    If you're up for it, pop each chip out of its socket, one at a time,
and use a small knife to clean the oxide off any chip legs.  The chip snap
routine works to a point but your chips may have some white metal oxide
buildup on the chip legs which may need a 'good shave'.  :-)

    Just be careful putting them back in as the legs can bend very easily
if not aligned just right.  While you have the chips out of each socket,
spray al ittle contact cleaner in the sockets to help clean them before
reinstalling the chips.

Tony @ CCN Help