DAMN - dumped gain!

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:38:30 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Don Bidgood <dbidgood@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Don,

    One of our mail server hard disks is acting up and we have a new one on
order.  Whenever it temporarily fails, incoming email is held on a backup
server until delivery can be made so no incoming mail is lost.  Outgoing
mail being composed via PINE is cached and kept in your account as a
postponed-message for you to resume upon your next login.

    When you compose an email using Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Agent or
any other stand-alone third-party email program, that program controls the
cache and will hold your composed email until such time that you can
reconnect with Chebucto.  That leaves WebMail as the lone problem and this
is what I do for it:

    If I need to compose a large email, one which takes a while to compose
(as I am not a fast typist either), I will use Wordpad to compose it on my
PC (Macs have their own version of Wordpad or something similar) and save
the composed email as a simple text file in a special folder I create on
my C: drive (I call mine 'outgoing' for outgoing email).

    When I connect to WebMail, I simply start to compose a new message,
open my Wordpad text file (in the 'outgoing' folder) containing my already
composed email and copy the entire message straight into my webMail, then
sending it.  This way I can ensure that the composed message, I worked so
diligently on, doesn't get lost via technical glitches, which are bound to
happen from time to time.

    If you were planning a trip to New Brunswick, wouldn't you pack
everything ahead of time, get your car gassed up the day before and have
everything ready to go.  Using technology is much like that today.  With
so many demands on every technical system out there, a lot of things,
unfortunately, fail at the most inopportune time, so my workaround simply
ensures I don't face that problem again.  I was in the same boat as you
several times before I changed my way of doing things.

    Hope this helps,

Tony @ CCN Help