Download Speeds

Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:24:16 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John MacKinley <at406@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    I just downloaded Thunderbird v11.1.0 (for Windows XP/Vista/7) just
yesterday, for a friend, and my speeds held at 4.7 (occasionaly moving
between 4.6-4.8).  I had a similar experience several months ago, like you
describe, and replaced the modem, evidentally fixing the problem.  Like
you, I hadn't used that particular computer for awhile and figured it was
just dust.  Even after thoroughly cleaning it, it still didn't function
properly.  Once I replaced it, all seemed well again.

    Just a suggestion to try.  I volunteer from home so my download setup
and connection would be no different from yours.  I was using a Pentium 2
with W98SE.

Tony @ CCN Help