Scammers Looking For Your Password etc...

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:15:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Robert Douglas <at492@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, Richard Bonner <ak621@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Robert,

    A further note on Richard's reply; CCN (us) would never ask you to do
anything concerning your account.  So, even if the sender's email address
WAS from Chebucto, don't respond.  If you have questions, do as you just
did - email userhelp or call: 494-2449 (the office).  There are scammers
currently mimicking actual ISPs, so it might be possible for you to
receive an email that looks like it is from us, but it isn't.

    CCN would never ask for your password under any circumstances
whatsoever; we don't already know it - it is in an encrypted file where it
was entered when you first signed up and it can only be accessed by the
internal system and no one else.  If Tech needed to do a repair on your
account (by your request), they would use a special account, otherwise
your account is under your control only.

    Never give your password to anyone, even if  it looks like us.

Tony @ CCN Help