Fraud or actual problem?

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:25:47 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    All that type of stuff is just junk.  Delete it and forget about it.
Sometimes spammers like to make stuff look official to scare recipients
into clicking on the attachments or responding in some manner.

    Here at userhelp, I get bounces from multiple lists and pages and a ton
of the same stuff myself and it's all garbage, as are those stupid 'we're
doing maintenance and if you don't click on this link, your account will
be closed' crap.

    If CCN needs to do maintenance, we have backups so as to minimize any
disruption to our users and _NEVER_ (I can't stress enough) require the
users to inout userid and password to us to save their accounts.  That is
all just spammers trying to steal data.

Tony @ CCN Help