Unwanted e-mails

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 19:55:28 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Pat and Malcolm Bayne <av227@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Malcolm. We already do everything we can to block and filter
junk email so I'm sorry but there is nothing more that we can do.

 	That being said, there is something you can do. Set up Mozilla
Thunderbird email client to use IMAP to access your mail. Thunderbird is
free and will automatically install secure mail settings so long as you
are online when you are setting up your Chebucto mail account.

 	Thunderbird contains user customizable filters so you can filter
on specific terms or just label incoming junk mail as junk (and conversely
unlabel as junk any legitimate mail tagged as junk in error). Over time
you'll train Thunderbird's junk filters to your specific mail. You can set
Thunderbird to do anything with the mail it catches - delete it, move it
to another folder, whatever you want. I'd recommend moving it to another
folder for review.

 	If you leave Thunderbird running on say a home computer all the
time, filtering and moving junk mail, it will clean your inbox up so when
you access it from anything else, say a mobile device, the junk mail won't
be there.

 	Glad you're enjoying spam-free GMail. Of course they sell every
piece of information they read in your emails to whomever wants it while
your Chebucto mail is private. Also we use top level encryption as good or
better than GMail's to secure your access to your Chebucto mail and its
transport from server to server across the Internet.

 	You can download Mozilla Thunderbird, which is available for all
platforms, here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/