Nova nada: call 468-2784 or 468-1222

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:47:21 -0300 (ADT)
From: "David M. Wimberly" <ag487@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Sustainable-Maritimes <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>

The Daily News is doing a call-in on "MONKS OR IRVING?"

The e-mail address given by the Daily News for a comment on this issue is
sbornais@hfxnews.southam.ca

I recommend using the e-mail address over the phone numbers, if possible.

The Daily News asks for comments to "tell us what you think and --as
briefly as possible--why. To be direcly quoted, please leave your name
and phone number.  The Hotline will be open until tomorrow (Monday) at
noon."

The preface to the this given in the paper is:
   "The monks a Nova Nada monastery say J.D. Irving's woodcutting is
destroying their way of live. The company and the monks have so far
failed to work out a compromise in a fight that has pitted woodland jobs
against the monk's desire for peace and quiet.
   Who should back down?"

Please reply quickly and strongly.  Mention if you plan to start
boycotting Irving products.  Our family is.

David Wimberly