Open Letter

From: "Don Rice" <drice@tartannet.ns.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:10:36 -0300

Hi all:
Below is the add placed in the Sunday Daily News, 28 Oct. 98.
Please feel free to  pass on, encourage all to copy , signed and send!

An Open Letter to The Leaders of Nova Scotia's Political Parties:

    PLEASE KEEP YOUR PROMISE!

Our Crown lands belong to all Nova Scotians.

Honour your promise to protect our remaining and fragmented Crown land
wilderness areas by passing Bill 24, An Act to Protect Wilderness Areas in
Nova Scotia in this coming session of the legislature.

Future generations of Nova Scotians and your children will thank you.

Signed:

The People of Nova Scotia

To ensure the protection of our natural legacy and to demonstrate your
support for the Parks and Protected Areas Systems Plan, write,  phone, fax,
or Email these politicians TODAY:

Premire Russell Maclellan
7th Floor
One Government Place
1700 Granville Street
PO Box 726
Halifax, NS, B3J  2T3
902-424-6600
902-424-7648(fax)
Email: premier@gov.ns.ca

Deputy minister Donald Downe
Minister of Environment
5th Floor, Terminal building
5151 Terminal Road
PO Box 2107
Halifax, NS, B3J 3B7
902-424-2358
902-424-0644(fax)
Email: downedr@gov.ns.ca

Robert Chisholm
NDP Opposition Leader
7091 Fielding Avenue
Halifax, NS
B3L 2H1
NDP Caucus Address:
Suite 422, Roy Building
1657 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS
B3J 2X3
902-424-4134

Email: ndpcaucus@gov.ns.ca
John Hamm
PC Leader
112 High Street
Stellarton, NS
BOK 1SO
PC Caucus address:
Suite 805, Centennial Building
1645 Granville Street
Halifax, NS, B3J 1X3
902-424-2731

Email: pccaucus@fox.nstn.ca
Paid for by the Tobeatic Wilderness Committee
Email: todd@clan.tartannet.ns.ca

Full text of add can be found on our web site:

http:\\www.tartannet.ns.ca\~tobeatic

Thank you all       ........DON