Consumer funding

From: "Owen,Rochelle [Dartmouth]" <Rochelle.Owen@ec.gc.ca>
To: 'Sustainable Maritimes listserv' <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>, 'meinhard' <mdoelle@clean.ns.ca>, "'gmarquis@clean.ns.ca'" <gmarquis@clean.ns.ca>,
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:22:26 -0400

Hi  I was zooming around web pages and this caught my eye.  Money from
Consumer Affairs branch of Industry Canada for consumer programs.  One group
that got funded was the environmentally sound packaging coalition of Canada.

to provide consumers with marketplace information tools for sustainable
development
$58,000

the Consumers Association of Canada was funded for environmental labeling
$33,900

Home page:  http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/ca00580e.html

Just thought some organizations  might be in a possible position to access
this program if you had any similar programs in the works

Rochelle

_________________________________
Rochelle Owen
Community Animation Program
16th Floor, Queen Square
45 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, N.S.
B2Y 2N6
902-426-2578 (ph)
902-426-2062 (fax)
http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/home.html

CAP Atlantic provides information, training and animation to community
groups working on issues that link human health and the environment.