BYE-BYE BUSES? / IRVING

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:01:51 -0400 (AST)
From: Paul A Falvo <pfalvo@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: jan m <am066@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

It's tough decision, isn't it? I think we need to try and determine which
is better for the Earth (or less bad) ... riding in a bus that Irving
owns, or in several small vans which are inevitably burning gas from an
Irving refinery, possibly driving on Irving tires, etc.

I say "inevitable" because my understanding -- and i welcome contradiction
-- is that most of the gas in this part of the world originates in Nigeria
and is refined by Irving. Is that false?

At any rate, we could look at it as a win-win situation. In a bus or in a
van, at least we're being more efficient than being alone in a car.

And don't forget: two things that KC Irving does not own are the train and
my bicycle :)

~paul :)