Car Sharing co-op

Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 11:12:41 -0300 (ADT)
From: Paul A Falvo <pfalvo@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Sustainable Maritimes <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>

Here's another idea for reducing pollution and saving $$$ ... a car-share
co-op! It could also be a business opportunity (the Toronto "co-op" is a
business, while in Vancouver it's non-profit).

Here's the scoop on the recently revved up Toronto "Autoshare"
(which i suppose is not technically a co-op)
- - - - - >  http://www.autoshare.com

Could Halifax, Charlottetown or Fredericton  be next? As recently as a
year ago, the Toronto co-op was just a gleam in someone's eye ... see
below for a message that gives insight into how it got started.

~paul :)

NB the following is an OLD message from last year talking about starting
things up in TO. It's in operation now, at the website noted above.