July 15 meeting postponed/feedback please

From: Anna McCarron <amcarron@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:40:11 -0400
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

To all who speak for the trees:

You're off the hook. You have a free weekend! I expect many of you are
actually very busy, as summers in Nova Scotia usually are which is why we
are postponing the July 15th meeting to the fall.

Since there is action taking place, as I write, on many issues regarding
Nova Scotia forests, the acting executive (termed loosely) of the Forests
Caucus of the Nova Scotia Environmental Network are keeping their ears to
the ground to provide you with periodic updates on important issues such as
the Integrated Resource Management (IRM or protected wilderness areas)
process, the European Brown Spruce Beetle and Point Pleasant Park, the
Forest Stewardship Council, the Nova Forest Alliance, and any other
pertinant information regarding the forests. The acting executive consists
of Kim Thompson and Pam Langille of the Eastern Shore Forest Watch, and
myself, Anna McCarron of the Shubenacadie Watershed Environmental Protection
Society.

In turn, we are looking to you to provide us with your thoughts on the
issues listed above or on any other issues you would like the membership to
know about. To do this, please contact me (Anna) via email. I can circulate
them to a very long list (114 and growing daily) of people who are on the
Forests Caucus mailing list.

Watch next week for updates on the progress on some of these issues.

If anyone is interested in getting involved with the IRM process please
contact Kermit deGooyer <kdegooyer@hotmail.com>.  If you're interested in
the the PPP Beetle issue, please contact    Christine Anne Smith  email:
EnvSmith@chebucto.ns.ca
or call her directly at 443-9768.  Christine has offered to coordinate
names and skills of people who want to take direct action.

Looking forward to hearing from you about your thoughts on the direction of
the Forests Caucus of the NSEN.

Anna McCarron
ph/fax: (902) 861-3624
Wellington, Nova Scotia B2T 1J4

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

A word from our lawyers ...

Don't forget ... COPYRIGHT material, such as newspaper/magazine articles
cannot be posted on sust-mar without the owner's permission. It's against
the law. CROSS-POSTINGS (messages from other lists) are also discouraged.

In either case, why not tell us something about the issue in your own
words? Or ... send a clipping along with the URL where the original can be
found, or directions how to join the list it came from?

Takes a few more minutes, but makes for a more interesting sust-mar ... :)