No Inshore Petroleum! Rally

From: "Roger Davies" <daisies@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Sustainable Maritimes" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:09:09 -0300

Rally in support of Inshore Fisheries and Tourism!
     No to Petroleum Exploration and Extraction
                      off Cape Breton Shores!

Where:  World Trade and Convention Centre, Halifax
When:  Tuesday, October 3rd.  11 am to 1pm

Everyone concerned about sustainability, the viability
of fishing communities, the integrity of nature, globalisation
and the oil economy needs to be there!  Let's show our
strength, unity, and resolve not to have oil rigs inshore
near Cape Breton.  Most governments in North America
do not allow inshore rigs....why here??

                        _______________

Threats of devastating seismic testing are still being
announced, the latest being plans for massive seismic
blasting by Hunt Oil in Sydney Bight next Fall (2001).

Join with Fishers from Cape Breton arriving en masse Tuesday
to let the Petroleum industry and government know that
inshore petroleum extraction is not the will of the people,
in particular the people who make a sustainable living
in those waters.

This rally is sponsored by the Save Our Seas/Save Our Seashores
Coalition, a coalition of Fishers, First Nations spokespeople,
Environmentalists,
Concerned Religious and Community Leaders, Tourism Industry workers, and
others concerned about a viable future for Nova Scotia Communities
   and
by the Fisherman's Organisations representing the Fishers of Cape Breton
Island.

PLEASE BE THERE---this is the pre-election time to get our message out loud
and clear!

Save Our Seas Website:  http://north.nsis.com/~egilsson/hereeither.htm

Contacts:
Halifax     Roger Davies  457-4351
Northern Nova Scotia/Cape Breton     Mary Gorman   926 -2128

Sponsors: Chebucto Community Net   	http://www.chebucto.ns.ca
Sierra Club - Chebucto Group		http://www.sierraclub.ca
Volunteer moderator: Paul Falvo  mailto:sust-mar-owner@chebucto.ns.ca

To submit a message to sust-mar, please send it to:
mailto:sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

PLEASE SEND MESSAGES TO SUST-MAR IN PLAIN TEXT ONLY
MESSAGES CONTAINING HTML (MIME) CANNOT BE POSTED