Juliette of the Herbs

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:13:50 -0400
From: nspirg@is2.dal.ca (NS PIRG)
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

>Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 22:21:19 -0500
>To: dcaulfield@ns.sympatico.ca
>From: dcaulfield@ns.sympatico.ca (Dave Caulfield)
>Subject: Juliette of the Herbs
>
>A good Sunday evening to all of you.
>
>Just a quick note about this week's film, which is being shown in
>conjunction with the Women's Health Collective, a working group (like
>Cinema PIRGatory) of the Nova Scotia Public Interest Research Group
>(NSPIRG).
>
>The film, JULIETTE OF THE HERBS, will be shown on Tuesday, November 7 at 8
>pm in the McMechan Auditorium of the Killam Library.
>
>A little about the film:
>Juliette of the Herbs is a beautifully filmed, lyrical portrait of the life
>and work of Juliette de Bairacli Levy: herbalist, breeder of Afghan hounds,
>friend of the Gypsies, traveller in search of herbal wisdom and the pioneer
>of holistic veterinary medicine. Juliette's well-loved and now classic
>herbal remedies for animals and for children have been a vital inspiration
>to the present day herbal renaissance and holistic animal care community.
>For more than 60 years, Juliette lived with the Gypsies, nomads and
>peasants of the world, learning the healing arts of these people who live
>close to nature, and learning from nature herself. Now 85 years of age,
>Juliette's life story is as colourful and exciting as her tremendous wealth
>of herbal knowledge.
>
>Danette Steele, a local (and might I add, very likable) herbalist will be
>on hand to give a brief intro to the film and (possibly) lead a discussion
>afterwards.
>
>Hope to see you all there,
>Dave.
>
>p.s. A member on the mailing list suggested that I list off the films that
>are available in the PIRG library and list others that will soon be
>available. I've been rather swamped at work and I promise I will do my best
>to send out this list sometime this week.

nspirg
nova scotia public interest research group
6136 university ave
halifax, ns
b3h 4j2
902-494-6662
nspirg@is2.dal.ca
executive director : linda pannozzo

The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

TELL A FRIEND! The more people who join sust-mar, the more interesting and
diverse views we'll see ... and more people to read *your* messages.

So ... pssssst! Pass it on ...

To join sust-mar just send email to <majordomo@chebucto.ns.ca>
As the text of your message type "subscribe sust-mar" (without the quotes)