Halifax Needham (North end) Liberal Nomination Information

From: "Doyle, Tim" <Tim.Doyle@freedom55financial.com>
To: "'Sust-Mar'" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:47:00 -0500

Hi all,

I am posting this information to extend an invitation to the Liberal
nomination for Halifax Needham on Wednesday April 16th at 6:30 PM.  The
meeting will be held at the UFCW Training Center at 6331 Lady Hammond Road.
Many of you know me from the articles and ideas that I have put forth on
sustainable transportation in Nova Scotia and especially the commuter rail
issues here in Halifax.  I am looking to run for the Liberal Party in the
next election to continue to promote many of these ideas in the legislature
and make them law.  Commuter rail, improving public transit capabilities and
equipment, Kyoto implementation and beyond are all areas that I plan to
tackle as an MLA in Nova Scotia, sadly, none of these areas are currently
mentioned by any MLAs.

Danny Graham is well aware of my sustainable transportation ideals and is
the only provincial politician to embrace them thus far, that makes this
process that much easier to take on as I know that I can work with the Danny
Graham team and they will support commuter rail and the development of a
sustainable transportation plan for Nova Scotians.  Please feel free to come
out and show support at the nomination meeting, it will be hotly contested
but a fun evening nonetheless.

Cheers!

D. Tim Doyle, B.Comm.
Financial Security Advisor
Freedom 55 Financial & Quadrus Investments
16th Floor, 1959 Upper Water Street
Purdy's Wharf Tower 1
Halifax, NS  B3J 3N2
w(902) 422-1631 ext. 460
f(902) 422-3493
c(902) 449-0763

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
SUST-MAR TIP:  our archives are http://www.chebucto.ca/lists/sust-mar

CBC enviro news-briefs follow:
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

NORTHBROOK PARENTS LOSE FINAL APPEAL
     The Supreme Court of Canada says it will not hear a case brought forward by a group of parents fighting to reopen a Dartmouth elementary school.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_scocschool20030327

WAR NOT GOING TO PLAN: U.S. GENERAL
The U.S. army commander in Iraq says the situation on the ground
suggests the war could last much longer than planners had thought.
FULL STORY:
http://cbc.ca/stories/2003/03/28/wallace030328

BRITISH FORCES SHIELD CIVILIANS FLEEING BASRA
British troops tried to wedge themselves between Iraqi paramilitary
forces and citizens of Basra on Friday, as the civilians came under
mortar and machine gun fire trying to flee the city.
FULL STORY:
http://cbc.ca/stories/2003/03/28/iraq_basra030328

© Canadian Broadcasting Corporation

 * US gears up for long campaign *
The US military admits that Iraqi resistance is slowing the push to Baghdad as battles rage around southern towns.
Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/2894231.stm

 * Satellites look down on Baghdad *
Images of Iraq taken by commercial satellites are allowing the public an unprecedented close-up view of the conflict.
Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/hi/sci/tech/2895837.stm

Copyright BBC 2003