Nova Scotia Nature Trust AGM

From: "Greg Lukeman" <lukeman@phys.ocean.dal.ca>
To: "'Sustainable Maritimes'" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:24:39 -0400

Hi folks,

The NOVA SCOTIA NATURE TRUST will be holding it's 2003 Annual General
Meeting.

DATE:		Tuesday, April 22, 2003 (Earth Day!)

TIME:		7:00pm

LOCATION: 	Nova Scotia Community College,
		Halifax Campus, AV Room
		1825 Bell Road.

SPEAKER: 	Andrew Hebda, Curator of Zoology, NS Museum of Natural
History
		will speak on "Exotics - What's wrong with one more
species out
		there?"

There will also be a slideshow presentation showcasing our conservation
work. Come out and learn about the important work of the Nova Scotia
Nature Trust... an excellent way to celebrate Earth Day!

Snacks and beverages will be provided. All are welcome and encouraged to
attend. Bring a friend!

Andrew Hebda, Curator at the Museum since 1995, draws from a very broad
background. His professional career has included everything from a
Military Commissioned Officer, to a Biological Consultant, to a Pig and
Sheep farmer, and a University instructor. Andrew has hosted 44
nature-related television programs as well as an 8-part television
series on Nova Scotia Environmental Industries.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
SUST-MAR TIP: messages to sust-mar must be plain text format (no HTML)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Utne Web Watch:

OPERATION WAR ON EARTH
By Bob Feldman, Dollars and Sense

>From excessive use of petroleum products and heavy metals to the
detonation of bombs and bullets, the business of war is killing our
environment-even in times of peace.

 http://www.utne.com/webwatch/2003_37/news/10419-1.html

WHO SAYS PROTEST MUSIC IS DEAD?
By Leif Utne, Utne.com
Despite the size of the current anti-war movement, new protest music is nowhere near as prevalent as it was in the Vietnam War era. The Centre for Political Song, in Glasgow, Scotland, has compiled an impressive list of new anti-war tunes that spans the g
lobe from Australia to the U.S., and genres from hip-hop to country.
 http://www.utne.com/webwatch/2003_37/news/10420-1.html

A TIMELY OFFER FROM UTNE
War on Iraq: What Team Bush Doesn't Want You to Know published by Context Books, September 2002, Paperback

For the past six months, we here at Utne have made this book available to readers concerned about our confrontation with Iraq. We are sensitive to potential concerns that we may be capitalizing on the current situation but strongly believe this informativ
e book can be a useful and informative guide to sorting through this heart-wrenching situation. Please consider for yourself.

William Rivers Pitt and former U.N. Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter bridge the partisan gap to make a rational case against a war we cannot win and should not wage.

Only $8.95 at http://www.utne.com/utne_store/books/27-1.html