Great Nova Scotia Pick Me Up

From: "Shannon Betts" <sbetts@clean.ns.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:36:39 -0300

 You are cordially invited to participate in the Great Nova Scotia Pick
Me Up Program.=20

=20

Clean Nova Scotia has spent the last 11 years inspiring volunteers to
preserve the beauty of our province through community litter clean-ups.
Last year was another successful one, with the program supporting
approximately 400 events and 20,000 volunteers lending a hand to remove
more than 6500 bags of garbage and recyclable items.  Your organization
has been contacted because your mandates, activities and interests have
a vested interest in preserving the physical beauty of our communities
and natural surroundings. Our experience shows that community-based
efforts are successful when they are grassroots efforts involving
individuals and communities on all levels. Partnerships with
organizations such as yours help us to realize our goals of maintaining
the physical beauty of our province and educating the public on the
negative effects of improperly handled waste in our environment.=20

=20

There are many ways that your organization could get involved:

-You might organize a Pick Me Up in your neighbourhood or in your
favorite outdoor area (park, trail or beach).

-You could have =93Clean-up=94 work afternoon to target the area around =
your
offices.

-You could promote the Great Nova Scotia Pick Me Up Program to your
members and program participants.

=20

Remember that no area is too small to clean and that your crew can be
any size, from 2 to 200+. Target any location you wish including
neighbourhoods, parks, trails, school grounds and beaches. All you have
to do is register with Clean Nova Scotia and we will send you a FREE
Pick Me Up Kit, which includes posters, guide booklets, data cards,
garbage and blue bags.  Our generous sponsors ensure that we can provide
any willing volunteers with the materials they need to participate. So
join in and get a =93Pick- Me -Up=94 from picking up. =20

=20

To register visit www.clean.ns.ca or call 420-3474 (1-800-665-5377)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Betts
Program Officer
Clean Nova Scotia
=20
Phone: (902) 420-6597
Fax: (902) 424-5334
www.clean.ns.ca <http://www.clean.ns.ca/>=20
Hotline: 1-800-665-LESS (5377)

SUST-MAR TIP: copyright material cannot be posted to the list