sust-mar: FW: "What do citizens value? Health care after the Romanow Report

From: Bruce Voogd <Bruce@cpj.ca>
To: "'sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca'" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:08:05 -0400

To: Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)     From: Bruce Voogd <Bruce@cpj.ca>
Tip: if your message doesn't reach sust-mar, you probably sent it with html coding. Use your "Format" pull-down menu to switch to plain text format.
> Would you be willing to please share the following meeting notice with
> those on your list serve? Thank you very much.
>
> Bruce Voogd
> bruce@cpj.ca
> Citizens for Public Justice
>

> CITIZENS FOR PUBLIC JUSTICE invites you to "What do citizens value?
> Health care after the Romanow Report" with Dr. Nuala P. Kenny, Dalhousie
> medical professional health care advocate - 7:00 p.m., Saturday, May 31,
> All
> Nations Christian Reformed Church,  2535 Robie Street, Halifax, NS,
> (corner of
> Robie and Charles). This gathering marks our 2003 Annual Meeting,
> facilitated by
> Eastern Canada Board Member, Steve Martin, with a report from Harry J.
> Kits,
> Executive Director. All are welcome to enjoy an evening of lively
> discussion,
> fellowship, desserts and refreshments. For more information call Steve
> Martin at
> 902-425-5660 or check out our website at www.cpj.ca.
>
> CPJ was founded 40 years ago by Canadian justice-oriented Christians who
> believe that governments, and all of us, are responsible for the common
> good. CPJ
> is a research, education, and advocacy organization which responds to
> God's call
> for love, justice and stewardship in Canada's public life. It undertakes
> research,
> analysis, publishing, citizen education, and advocacy on poverty, refugee
> concerns, Aboriginal rights, and other public issues. CPJ works closely
> with its
> sister organization, the Public Justice Resource Centre.
>
> Citizens for Public Justice
> Suite 311, 229 College Street
> Toronto, Ontario  M5T 1R4
> Fax: 416-979-2458
> Email: cpj@cpj.ca

CBC enviro news-briefs follow:
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

ENVIRO DEPOTS END ONE FIGHT, CHANGE TACTIC
A nine day protest by operators of Nova Scotia's Enviro Depots has ended,
but the recyclers of beverage containers, cans and bottles say they're still
fighting.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_recyclersback20030512

SUPPORT IN HALIFAX FOR SERB IN SANCTUARY
More than 100 people in Halifax formed a circle, joining hands at St.
Mark's Anglican church, Sunday.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_sanctuary20030512

NAVY MAKES ITS MOVE TO HOLD TRIAL IN SECRET
Navy prosecutors will ask for an adjournment Monday in the court martial of
Cmdr. Brendan Ryan.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_navycourtmartial20030512

© Canadian Broadcasting Corporation