sust-mar: Come out to condemn the attack on Fallujah this Weds. at 5pm at the Spring Garden Public Library

From: "Tamara Lorincz" <tlorincz@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 02:17:51 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!

JOIN US AS WE CONDEMN THE ATTACK ON FALLUJAH!

As part of its illegal war on Iraq, the U.S. has viciously attacked the
city of Fallujah. Almost 200,000 citizens have fled. Many innocent
civilians left behind are in danger or have died from the air strikes.
Join us this Wednesday to voice your concern for the citizens and your
outrage at the U.S. We will meet at 5pm at the Public Library on Spring
Garden Road and then will march down to the U.S. Consulate at Purdy's
Wharf. Bring a flashlight that we will cover in red cellophane to
symbolize the blood of death and destruction that the U.S. is causing.
We will shine our "blood" flashlights on the U.S. Consulate Office. With
this peaceful demonstration, we will also call on the Canadian
government to publicly condemn the U.S. attack. As UN Secretary-General
Kofi Annan has said, it will only increase the violence.

When: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 at 5:00 PM

What: Peaceful Rally at Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden Rd. then
March to the U.S. Consulate at Purdy's Wharf on Upper Water St. to show
opposition to US Attacks on Fallujah

Start: Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden Rd. (17:00-17:30)

End:   U.S. Consulate Office at Purdy's Wharf Tower II on Upper Water
St. (18:00-18:30)

Contact: Chris Maxwell, Cell phone: 225-2877 Email: chris.maxwell@dal.ca

Bring: Flashlights and banners/placards

Organized by the Halifax Peace Coalition (HPC)
Web site: www.hfxpeace.chebucto.org / Email: hfxpeace@chebucto.ca

*Please circulate this message widely and please join us. This is our
first opportunity since the U.S. election to publicly speak out against
its illegal war in Iraq and its belligerent foreign policy.

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca