sust-mar: Paying the Meter/Reclaiming the streets, Halifax

From: "Peter Blanchard" <p2@planetfriendly.net>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:12:46 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .

Paying the Meter/Reclaiming the streets

We invite you to join in a non-aggressive demonstration of
the uses of public space.

Pay the Meter is a project designed to re purpose the areas
of the street usually set aside for parked motor vehicles; to
highlight the needs and desires of those who do not always
wish to travel in cars; to demonstrate the fact that four
wheels and an engine is not a prerequisite for citizenship.

We welcome the non-commercial involvement and
participation of all communities and interest groups. We
are the public. It is our space -- for all of us.

Final planning meeting July 24th, 6pm, in front of the
Spring Garden Public Library.

For more information, contact mikeydasharpe@gmail.com

------- end of forwarded message -------

Public Space Links
http://www.publicspace.ca/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_space
http://www.google.com/Top/Science/Social_Sciences/Urban_and_Regional_Planning/

What is the commons?
http://www.planetfriendly.net/commons.html

Healthy, Sustainable Transportation
http://www.planetfriendly.net/living.html#transport

Don't Pave It!
http://www.planetfriendly.net/dontpave.html

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca