Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 25, 2000
- Restructuring the office positions for the future: Executive Director and Office Manager.
- Next Meeting - Tuesday August 8th, 2000.
- Sharon Parker
- Krista Olmstead
- David Murdoch
- Doug McCann
- Joyline makani
- Viola Winstanley
- Bernie Hart
- Kelly Marney
- Mark Rushton
- Grace Paterson
6:44 PM - Call to order.
Office Manager and Executive Director job descriptions were read.
David Murdoch suggested that the Office Manager and Executive Director positions could not be properly defined until after the strategic planning session was conducted to determine Chebucto's mission for the future.
A strategic planning session was set for September 15th and 16th
An interim plan was implemented to manage the office positions until the strategic planning session.
The Executive Committee was assigned the following responsibilities:
- To oversee the office positions as regards to administration, technical and communications for the interim, so that chebucto can maintain the function of the office.
- To find someone to make the deposits in the absence of an Executive Director
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the office positions in regards to the board's mandate and expectation of results for the office.
The main issues of concern were:
- Can Chebucto afford to continue paying the salaries of these two positions?
- Can Chebucto support both positions, as they are currently defined? If not then, how must they be amended?
- Should there be a scaling down of both positions, or a limitation placed on the office function to support only one salary?
Factors suggested to be considered when determining need for these positions are:
- To determine the value of the work being executed, as well as to determine the extent to which those duties are being carried out.
- To assess the future requirements of the office positions in regard to Chebucto's evolving role within the community, i.e.: the organization's move away from connectivity toward information / content providing, and marketing / advertising.
Pre-Strategic Planning Session objectives:
- Committees must assess where they are in terms of their hurdles, strengths and objectives for the following year.
- Committees look at their core functions and submit a proposal outlining their objectives and proposed actions for the upcoming year.
Strategic Planning Sessions objectives:
- Search for a suitable and affordable facilitator for the meeting.
- Determine what will be Chebucto's role in the community.
Meeting adjourned - 8:15pm.
Get your own Chebucto account
Look here for our available services and prices!
Accounts for individuals, families, non-profit groups and small
Help promote us!
Who we are, what we do
and how you can help
Our Premium Internet Access
Non-Profit Highspeed Access