[NatureNS] Northern Mockingbird and Yellow-breasted Chat

From: Rosemary G <mountainchickadee@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:26:58 -0600

--_9bf19bd9-fa47-4739-a57a-44632fdca2e7_

I was just looking through some photos online and came across this pic of a=
 Mockingbird being fed a tomato. =20

http://www.pbase.com/image/131131272

I had never heard of this.  I know they will eat peanut butter mixture beca=
use a friend on Basinview Drive in Bedford was feeding one peanut butter fo=
r a long time on her deck a few years ago.  I spent about 1 1/2 hours on Su=
nday at the Bedford Waterfront watching the Northern Mockingbird and waitin=
g patiently for it to come out in the open so that I could get a good photo=
 but it spent the whole time amongst the multiflora rose branches eating an=
d preening.  I guess I should have had some tomotoes with me.

Also on Sunday at the Bedford Waterfront=2C I met Dennis Garrett.  He had j=
ust seen and photographed a Yellow-breasted Chat in the bushes lining the f=
irst parking lot to your right when you turn off Convoy Run onto Waterfront=
 Drive. Unfortunately I couldn't located the chat=2C nor did I find the Yel=
low-throated Warbler on Sunday.

Rosemary Gallinger
 		 	   		  =

--_9bf19bd9-fa47-4739-a57a-44632fdca2e7_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
I was just looking through some photos online and came across this pic of a=
 Mockingbird being fed a tomato.&nbsp=3B <br><br>http://www.pbase.com/image=
/131131272<br><br>I had never heard of this.&nbsp=3B I know they will eat p=
eanut butter mixture because a friend on Basinview Drive in Bedford was fee=
ding one peanut butter for a long time on her deck a few years ago.&nbsp=3B=
 I spent about 1 1/2 hours on Sunday at the Bedford Waterfront watching the=
 Northern Mockingbird and waiting patiently for it to come out in the open =
so that I could get a good photo but it spent the whole time amongst the mu=
ltiflora rose branches eating and preening.&nbsp=3B I guess I should have h=
ad some tomotoes with me.<br><br>Also on Sunday at the Bedford Waterfront=
=2C I met Dennis Garrett.&nbsp=3B He had just seen and photographed a Yello=
w-breasted Chat in the bushes lining the first parking lot to your right wh=
en you turn off Convoy Run onto Waterfront Drive. Unfortunately I couldn't =
located the chat=2C nor did I find the Yellow-throated Warbler on Sunday.<b=

--_9bf19bd9-fa47-4739-a57a-44632fdca2e7_--