[NatureNS] Storm

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:13:44 -0400 (AST)
From: dexterpeck@xcountry.tv
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

We are at Lumsden Pond (about 7 miles from Wolfville on the Gasperau River
power system). The worst wind that we recall in 10 years of living here.
About 45 trees down on our property- two came down against the front of
the house but luckily no damage. Eagles are calling across the lake and
the birds are looking for the feeders. Hairy woodpecker checking out the
tree that fell against the dining room window-looking for lunch. Sky is
looking brighter, let the clean up begin...........

The wind has been howling here all night, but we still have power (it went