[NatureNS] Brant-Waterside PP

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:28:48 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_01sG4wgzSJ+DvP6yS/F/7w)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
Rick Ferguson and I observed a single Brant Goose at Waterside PP, Pictou Co. late this morning, April 9.
Although not a rare bird in Shelburne Co. it is not common in Pictou Co
We did not observe any Osprey yet around many of the 2010 nests or in Pictou Harbour and the 3 rivers entering into the harbour. The Glaucous Gull at Pier C in Pictou seen the last several weekends was not seen on 2 trips there today.
There were several good clumps of Coltsfoot in bloom in the Abercrombie Pt. area and there has been a good clump behind the New Glasgow Walmart for at least 9 days now.  and Rick briefly saw a small orangish butterfly near the New Glasgow sewer.
cheers
Ken

--Boundary_(ID_01sG4wgzSJ+DvP6yS/F/7w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19019">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hi all</DIV>
<DIV>Rick Ferguson and I observed a single <STRONG>Brant Goose</STRONG> at
Waterside PP, Pictou Co. late this morning, April 9.&nbsp;
<DIV>Although not a rare bird in Shelburne Co. it is not common in Pictou
Co</DIV>We did <STRONG>not </STRONG>observe any Osprey yet around many of the
2010 nests or in Pictou Harbour and the 3 rivers entering into the harbour. The
Glaucous Gull at Pier C in Pictou seen the last several weekends was <STRONG>not
</STRONG>seen on 2 trips there today. </DIV>
<DIV>There were several good clumps of Coltsfoot in bloom in the Abercrombie Pt.
area and there has been a good clump behind the New Glasgow Walmart for at
least&nbsp;9 days now. &nbsp;and Rick briefly saw a small orangish butterfly
near the New Glasgow sewer. </DIV>
<DIV>cheers</DIV>
<DIV>Ken</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_01sG4wgzSJ+DvP6yS/F/7w)--