[NatureNS] Reports

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 01:31:03 +0000

--_213963a0-bd25-471f-b63a-f17f2a2fb642_

On Sunday=2C Yellow-rumped warblers singing everywhere showing a major infl=
ux.
=20
At Beck's Lake along the Grimm Road there was a Mayfly hatch.
=20
I had a report from Glenn Rhodenizer this evening of two killdeer nests.  O=
ne with four eggs and one with an unknown number of eggs.  The nest with th=
e four eggs is right in the middle of lots of cattle.  He notes a horned la=
rk still there and showing actions suggesting a possible nest.  I will have=
 to check this out as the bird is not moving far from where it is at and Gl=
enn has been observing it for a week now.  It is in the same spot every day=
 and is exhibiting very uncharacteristic actions suggestive of maybe a nest=
ing attempt.  I've not seen this myself yet=2C so Glenn will keep an eye ou=
t and will keep me updated. =20
=20
Yesterday I watched a red-tailed hawk carrying nesting material. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_213963a0-bd25-471f-b63a-f17f2a2fb642_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
<FONT size=3D3>On Sunday=2C Yellow-rumped warblers singing everywhere showi=
ng a major influx.</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>At Beck's Lake along the Grimm Road there was a Mayfly hatch=
.</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>I had a report from Glenn Rhodenizer this evening of two kil=
ldeer nests.&nbsp=3B One with four eggs and one with an unknown number of e=
ggs.&nbsp=3B The nest with the four eggs is right in the middle of lots of =
cattle.&nbsp=3B He notes a horned lark still there and showing actions sugg=
esting a possible nest.&nbsp=3B I will have to check this out as the bird i=
s not moving far from where it is at and Glenn has been observing it for a =
week now.&nbsp=3B It is in the same spot every day and is exhibiting very u=
ncharacteristic actions suggestive of maybe a nesting attempt.&nbsp=3B I've=
 not seen this myself yet=2C so Glenn will keep an eye out and will keep me=
 updated.&nbsp=3B </FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Yesterday I watched a red-tailed hawk carrying nesting mater=
ial.&nbsp=3B </FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>James R. Hirtle</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Bayport</FONT><BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_213963a0-bd25-471f-b63a-f17f2a2fb642_--