[NatureNS] Modern gadgets; Blessing or Curse

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:25:19 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00032555450e723bb504a3804064

Hi,

There was a similar article in The Daily Telegraph in England this week,
also stating that people could be prosecuted for disturbing protected birds
if they use them too much. I admit to using my Iphone for this, but do it
very judiciously, and I hope responsibly.

BTW, I had a week of birding and general nature watching in Central Spain
while I was over there, and it was a delightful trip - great weather
(sorry!), nice people, good trip leaders, many interesting birds,
butterflies, animals etc., and good food and wine. Took many photos, not
surprisingly.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--00032555450e723bb504a3804064

Hi,<br><br>There was a similar article in The Daily Telegraph in England th=
is week, also stating that people could be prosecuted for disturbing protec=
ted birds if they use them too much. I admit to using my Iphone for this, b=
ut do it very judiciously, and I hope responsibly.<br>

in while I was over there, and it was a delightful trip - great weather (so=
rry!), nice people, good trip leaders, many interesting birds, butterflies,=
 animals etc., and good food and wine. Took many photos, not surprisingly.<=
br>

PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:uhoeger@dal.ca">uhoeger@dal.ca=
:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

Guess the answer depends on how they are used ...<br>
FYI: Just got a heads up on the following news article<br>
alls17m.%0Ahtml" target=3D"_blank">http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/lo=
calnews/2015072324_birdcalls17m.<br>
html</a><br>
It&#39;s on the topic of using bird songs to lure in birds, and the availab=
ility of<br>
Apps of a number for digital mediaplayers that make this now very easy to<b=
r>
use.<br>
I think I don&#39;t have to tell you how well this works and how easy it is=
 to<br>
overdo it. =A0Same applies to the good old fashioned pishing .....<br>
Ulli<br>
0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</=
a><br>

--00032555450e723bb504a3804064--