[NatureNS] House finch in south end Halifax

From: Bob Farmer <farmerb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:56:33 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

You can hear them quite regularly every year at the Dalhousie Life
Sciences building complex.  I'm pretty sure I've already heard them
this spring.
Last week I was also lucky to have a close encounter with a juvenile
Sharp-shinned hawk eating what appeared to be a dead (and
much-bloodied) European Starling.  He was next to the sidewalk across
from the King's College library.  After consulting a field guide, I'm
fairly confident about the ID (the yellow eye was very helpful!).

--Bob Farmer