[NatureNS] Create a coastal park -Save the Bedford Basin reef and tide pools

From: "I & N" <foxhollow@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:09:39 -0300

A (very) small group of local citizens have come together to promote the
creation of a marine coastal park in order to save the very unique Bedford
Basin Reef ("western ledges").

In this new video (link below) you will learn about a fascinating and unique
natural place that is literally on the verge of being buried by pyritic
slate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsi7MpQ8A7c

We held a successful public awareness event on 30 May 2011 at DeWolfe Park,
which included free live music, food, a silent auction, door prize raffle,
free T-shirts, and free face painting for the kids.   (courtesy of about a
dozen corporate sponsors!)

I am just a local family-man.
It bothers me that the Bedford Basin is being infilled.
I thought it may also be of interest to all you lovers of Nova Scotia's
natural places.

Ian Marshall
-feedback welcome