[NatureNS] White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 20:30:30 -0300

This afternoon, about 5pm, there were several groups  numbering more than 10
of night hawks over the White Point Rd. and Liverpool and down over the
river in the parking lot area. I was driving and counting became
problematic. I must remember to stop to count. No damage though, just shaken
nerves.
Our hummingbird population took a big drop last night. We still have a few
males and juveniles with the females but the swarm of the past few days
seems to have moved on. That was exciting................my feeders were
being emptied in less than half a day.
Several tree swallows did their fly in and goodbye this afternoon. I hope
the do well in their travels.
I still have a robin and a sparrow feeding young in their nests. I haven't
seen a woodpecker since July 18.
Best regards,
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens