[NatureNS] slugs and snails

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:26:40 -0300

And, for Marg, putting snails directly into alcohol will preserve the
shell and the DNA, but to properly preserve them they should be drowned
in club soda to extend the body, and then transferred to 70% alcohol.

fred.

Ok I will make a note of that, Fred,  and get a bottle of club soda!  Sounds
like a cocktail! :?)) Question do they crawl out of their shells willingly
or do they have to be liberated? I found an empty shell, crushed by a shoe
most likely,  but no resident residual.
Marg