[NatureNS] Seal Cull

From: Gary Myers <gemyers@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:51:16 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_9gbiSvKrPNLjDGxb28LNOw)

The announcement that Fisheries and Oceans was proposing a 70,000 animal cull as an experiment followed by a further 70,000 experimentation kill the following year was made Sep 15 this year.  Co-incidentally that date was the 40th anniversary of the founding of Greenpeace and CBC carried the two stories consecutively all day.  My first reaction was to check to see if that was international prank day or some such.  Surely someone needs to give their head a god shake.  Gary Myers Morden NS

--Boundary_(ID_9gbiSvKrPNLjDGxb28LNOw)

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=ltr>
<DIV dir=ltr>
<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The
announcement that Fisheries and Oceans was proposing a 70,000 animal cull as an
experiment followed by a further 70,000 experimentation kill the following year
was made Sep 15 this year.&nbsp; Co-incidentally that date was the 40th
anniversary of the founding of Greenpeace and CBC carried the two stories
consecutively all day.&nbsp; My first reaction was to check to see if that was
international prank day or some such.&nbsp; Surely someone needs to give their
head a god shake.&nbsp; Gary Myers Morden NS</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_9gbiSvKrPNLjDGxb28LNOw)--