[NatureNS] Birding vs Fossil Fuel Consumption

Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:30:15 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>

I understand the argument but regardless, it's a nice story that puts birding front and center for the public & delivered in a positive way, that the 'average Joe' can appreciate & maybe, in turn, learn to care more for the welfare of our wild birds. I don't think we could ask for better press than this!

I for one, really enjoyed the book; as amateur a bird enthusiast that I am, I could certainly identify & empathize with the characters, and, I am certainly looking forward to going to the movie.

Not scientific, just my 2 cents worth. Cheers to all!

Sincerely,

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth