[NatureNS] Eco-horrorism

From: "Darrell" <doabolit@northnovacable.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:35:10 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CCA3BC.EC684FA0

The gypsum mine in Dutch Settlement is fairly environmental. It does not =
really affect any water courses and no pollution or tailings ponds. My =
only wish is they make the gyprock here instead of shipping our raw =
material out only to be bought back in processed goods. I don't believe =
we get any royalties from the gypsum either or very very little, only 50 =
jobs. It will be a lake when done so not a big environmental disaster =
there.

A German company bought hundreds of acres in the back of Elderbank for a =
gypsum mine, you can see the test hole and land cleared on google earth =
(you can see gays river mine too).  The German company is waiting for a =
current mine to run out elsewhere I heard. There was talk of a railroad =
track to be built to Sheet Harbour for shipping, more environment gone.

The whole village of Moose River was bought out for a gold mine, even =
the memorial park will destroyed. This one worries me as the stream runs =
right beside the park and no doubt be in severe jeopardy.

The Mine in Gays River was "approved" to dam off the main river and =
change it's course dramatically. They plan on routing it into the =
tailings pond (was a lake) and diverting it into south branch gays =
river. They are not going to gain much as the main river runs right =
along side the road but they want to make an underpass so they can =
access the other side of the road. I say build an overpass and leave our =
river alone. They say that it will be diverted to an old route the river =
once took, I say that is bullshit, the main river is much bigger than =
the south branch. Our canoe route will be destroyed!!!=20

Welcome to Nova Scotia where our governments are blackmailed for the =
sake of a few jobs. Another example of this is our Crown lands being =
leased to Northern pulp etc for 100 years with full privilage to =
re-lease. I heard our government is not actually allowed to renege on =
the lease after the 100years. The pulp mills have the leases in =
perpetuity while in existance. They sprayed hundreds of acres in Liscomb =
game sanctuary vith herbicides where our endangered mainland moose =
reside. Killing off all the hardwood sapplings the moose thrive on, =
figure that one out.

Our Enviroment Department is a joke, a big fat joke!

Sincerely,
Darrell Abolit
------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CCA3BC.EC684FA0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" =
"http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<HTML lang=3Den xml:lang=3D"en"=20
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3Dtext/css http-equiv=3DContent-Style-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>The gypsum mine in Dutch Settlement is fairly=20
environmental. It does not really affect any water courses and no =
pollution or=20
tailings ponds. My only wish is they make the gyprock here instead of =
shipping=20
our raw material out only to be bought back in processed goods. I don't =
believe=20
we get any royalties from the gypsum either or very very little, only 50 =
jobs.=20
It will be a lake when done so not a big environmental disaster=20
there.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>A German company bought hundreds of acres in the =
back of=20
Elderbank for a gypsum mine, you can see the test hole and land cleared =
on=20
google&nbsp;earth (you can see gays river mine too).&nbsp; The German =
company is=20
waiting for&nbsp;a current&nbsp;mine to run out elsewhere I heard. There =
was=20
talk of a railroad track to be built to Sheet Harbour for shipping, more =

environment gone.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>The whole village of Moose River was bought out =
for a gold=20
mine, even the memorial park will destroyed. This one worries me as the =
stream=20
runs right beside the park and no doubt be in&nbsp;severe=20
jeopardy.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>The Mine in Gays River was "approved" to dam=20
off&nbsp;the&nbsp;main river and change it's course dramatically. They =
plan on=20
routing it into the tailings pond (was a lake) and diverting it into =
south=20
branch gays river.&nbsp;They are not going to gain much as the main =
river runs=20
right along side the road but they want to make an underpass so they can =
access=20
the other side of the road. I say build an overpass and leave our river =
alone.=20
They say that it will be diverted&nbsp;to an old route the river once =
took, I=20
say that is bullshit, the&nbsp;main river is much bigger than the south =
branch.=20
Our canoe route will be destroyed!!!&nbsp;</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5><EM>Welcome to Nova Scotia where our governments are =

blackmailed for&nbsp;the sake of a few jobs.&nbsp;Another example of =
this is our=20
Crown lands being leased&nbsp;to Northern pulp etc for 100 =
years&nbsp;with=20
full&nbsp;privilage to&nbsp;re-lease. I heard our&nbsp;government is not =

actually allowed to renege on the lease after the 100years. The pulp =
mills have=20
the leases&nbsp;in perpetuity while in existance. They sprayed hundreds =
of acres=20
in Liscomb game sanctuary vith herbicides where our endangered mainland =
moose=20
reside. Killing off all the hardwood sapplings the moose thrive on, =
figure that=20
one out.</EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>Our Enviroment Department is a joke, a big fat=20
joke!</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>Sincerely,</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D5>Darrell Abolit</FONT></EM></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CCA3BC.EC684FA0--