[NatureNS] Purple Sandpiper and Great Horned Owl

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:12:40 -0400
From: Jeff MacLeod <jeffnaturens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00032555f6eab2dab204b1f3d7b9

I had a GHOW today in Brookside, too, close to Tracey Rd. The crows let me
know it was around, of course. It stayed in the same spot listening to the
crows all day until I stumbled through the woods to get a look.

Jeff

--
Jeff MacLeod
Halifax

--00032555f6eab2dab204b1f3d7b9

I had a GHOW today in Brookside, too, close to Tracey Rd. The crows let me =
know it was around, of course. It stayed in the same spot listening to the =
crows all day until I stumbled through the woods to get a look.=A0<div><br>
, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Hans Toom <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:htoom=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex;">
<u></u>

cks at=20
Duncan&#39;s Cove this morning so I went to investigate. Rather than a hope=
d for=20
juvenile Brown Booby it was a brown <strong>Great Cormorant</strong> but th=
e=20
walk was worth the effort. A clamoring of gulls alerted me to a <strong>Gre=
at=20
Horned Owl</strong> nearby, perhaps only 15 metres distant. I was just rais=
ing=20
my camera for a full frame photo when &quot;whamo&quot;, a crow chopped it =
on the head and=20
off it flew. I&#39;m sure it will stay in the area so I&#39;ll try to call =
it out this=20
afternoon.</font></div>
int near=20
Sambro revealed my first <strong>Purple Sandpiper</strong> of the=20
season.</font></div>
____<br><font color=3D"#888888">Hans=20
Toom<br>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<br><a href=3D"http://www.hanst=

--00032555f6eab2dab204b1f3d7b9--