[NatureNS] Sibley: distinguishing songs of "trillers"

Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:56:08 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi James, All,

As one comment to the first link points out, you need to know Swamp
Sparrow, and in NS at least you need to know the Clearcut Warbler aka
Palm Warbler. To be serious, in the NS "forest" you need to know
Junco, Palm Warbler & Swamp Sparrow. At a certain point on the
variation range, Juncos & Palms basically meet.

In NS suburbia you need to know Chippy, Junco and Swamp Sparrow if you
have a nice wet area nearby & it doesn't have to be that big. I had a
pair of Swampies nesting just outside my backyard & I'm almost certain
I totally missed him for a yr or so because I just didn't expect them
to be there. I just ignored the "Junco".

Rick W.