[NatureNS] advice on viewing chimney swifts

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:43:26 -0300

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi Andy
I have been out of the province for a few days, but on July 19, the majority
of the swifts went into the Temperance St. school chimney in New Glasgow at
about 9 p.m. A couple went in 8:40 or so and some continued to 9:06. I had a
total of 93 birds that night.
I will try to update tonight, but I have a meeting that might prevent me
getting there in time. The timing will be a little sooner each night and on
dark wet nights is unpredictable. I would plan on being there at 8:30 on a
clear  night for the next week or so.
cheers
ken