[NatureNS] Eastern Shore shorebirds - Saturday 11 August

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:47:07 -0300

Comparing with your notes, I found at least two white rumped sandpipers,
600+ semi plovers, and a few semi sandpipers at Mc Cormack Beach Friday Aug
10th, before 7 pm.

Liz

Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:02 PM
Eastern Shore shorebirds - Saturday 11 August

Yesterday, a cool, cloudy, showery (but not foggy) Saturday, was perfect for
a shorebird search of the Eastern Shore, as the various normally-busy
beaches were nearly deserted.  I spent five hours with a visiting couple
from Maryland, and here were a few highlights.

McCormack’s Beach (Eastern Passage):

600-700 Semipalmated Plover
5 Ruddy Turnstone

Blake Maybank