[NatureNS] White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:36:30 -0300

It has been pretty quiet here, The Blue Jays and Chickadees as well as Hairy
and Downy woodpeckers are back, there are still five Northern Flickers.
Sparrows various but mostly song and White throat juveniles, I believe.
Juncos are about but not interested in the feeder as far as I can see.
I had a male ruby throat hummingbird yesterday that fed deeply then headed
due south (by my reckoning) at high speed and fairly low level.  It seems to
me it is unusual for us to have had such a clear out of the hummingbirds by
this date but then I am not at home as much as I had been.
Had a treat just before dark, an oriole (female, Baltimore) stopped for a
feed, a quick bath and then headed off.
Lots of very lovely spider webs about the property. the fog has them all
bejeweled!
Best regards,
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens.