[NatureNS] Grosbeak

From: Bernard Burke <bernieb1@EastLink.ca>
To: n8r <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:56:55 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_EGFeOp9J9vjsX/+srAoTOA)

 Yesterday afternoon and this morning I had a new bird at the feeder in the form of a grosbeak, but I'm having trouble with a couple of characteristics. I'm thinking its a young bird. It has a small patch of an orange color under the wing as compared to yellow or rosy red. The streaks on it tell me more like a Rose-breasted, but the bill in all my photos looks more two toned with the top half being darker, like a Black-headed. Here are some photos for those who can possibly help make its gender and species official:
http://bernieb.smugmug.com/Nature/species/25754455_CH5bjk#!i=2130076630&k=nB5Z3Vf

Thanks in advance
Bernard Burke
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_EGFeOp9J9vjsX/+srAoTOA)

<DIV>&nbsp;Yesterday afternoon and this morning I had a new bird at the feeder in the form of a grosbeak, but I'm having trouble with a couple of characteristics. I'm thinking its a young bird. It has&nbsp;a small patch&nbsp;of an orange color under the wing as&nbsp;compared to yellow or rosy red. The streaks on it tell me more like a Rose-breasted, but the bill in all my photos looks more two toned with the top half being darker, like a Black-headed. Here are some photos for those who can possibly help make its gender and species official:</DIV><DIV>http://bernieb.smugmug.com/Nature/species/25754455_CH5bjk#!i=2130076630&k=nB5Z3Vf</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Thanks in advance</DIV><DIV>Bernard Burke</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_EGFeOp9J9vjsX/+srAoTOA)--