[NatureNS] White Point Birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:41:29 -0400

This has been a good week here with a Cardinal visiting (I hope it decides
to stay around), White-bellied Nuthatch still coming regularly and a couple
Golden Crowned Kinglets back by the Apple trees!! Steve said there are  lots
of Robins back in the Beech Hill area.
The usual are still coming; Mourning Doves, Blue Jays,  lots of Chickadees
and bursts of American goldfinches. We have had a group of thirteen Evening
Grosbeaks as well as a solitary one. They are ranging about but checking in
every other day or so. There are a few Juncos and well as sparrows various,
including Song, White throats and an American tree, so far no Chipping but I
expect to see one as it seems they come every year. There are Yellow rumped
warbler periodically as well and there has been a Raven cruising the
neighbourhood. The crow numbers seem to be about 7 so far and I hope it
stays like that. There are starlings coming from time to time as well as
nine grackles. There seems to be a redwinged blackbird travelling with them.
Steve said we had a fox at the birds seed this morning and managed to get a
few photos. White Point will hate to hear that. Coyotes are back around the
house again. We seem to have a group of 5 deer (one lovely big doe and
fawns) travelling together through out the neighbourhood as well as two
others that appear to be somewhat smaller and more shy.
best regards, Marg Millard.

http://MargMillard.ca