[NatureNS] The Fuss About Multiflora Roses

From: "Gary Murray" <garymurray@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:02:45 -0400

sign of roots, throw

Thanks Hans, Paul, David and everyone who weighed in on this disucssion!

Didn't know anything about it's invasiveness, only knew it was great for
winter birds, and does look good especially in winter as Hans pointed
out, so that made it cool in my books.

Will have to think on whether or not I want to plant it, as there seems to
be good arguments for and against putting it in. I want to make my yard
more bird friendly, but not have a battle on my hands trying to keep it
under control. Some other plants were mentioned to me, so that may be an
option as well.

cheers,

Gary Murray
Tucker Lake