[NatureNS] Movie trailer on the Laysan Albatross

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:54:53 -0400
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------050607040803000408080203

Oh Helene, what an utterly gut-wrenching movie; we have so much to
answer for.

On a completely different matter I have been thinking of asking your
advice concerning managing the endless problem of beached dovekies; a
resident in my St Margarets Bay area mentioned that her vet is saying
that it is essential for them to be returned far out to sea and away
from the coastline - which essentially results in their not being taken
to the water and dying. Is this correct? -It wasn't my impression. If it
is not correct I don't know how much weight I can carry walking as as an
unknown stranger into the three local animal hospitals with this
information - is there any official document/guideline from a recognised
source to this effect? and if there is, how does one get it for
circulation? I would be happy to do the circulating if necessary.

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright. St Margarets Bay

On 24/01/2013 12:23 AM, Helene Van Doninck wrote:
> An intensely beautiful but sobering movie trailer about the effects of
> plastic on the Laysan Albatross
>
> http://www.midwayfilm.com/
>
> Helene

--------------050607040803000408080203

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    we have so much to answer for.<br>
    On a completely different matter I have been thinking of asking your
    advice concerning managing the endless problem of beached dovekies;
    a resident in my St Margarets Bay area mentioned that her vet is
    saying that it is essential for them to be returned far out to sea
    and away from the coastline - which essentially results in their not
    being taken to the water and dying. Is this correct? -It wasn't my
    impression. If it is not correct I don't know how much weight I can
    carry walking as as an unknown stranger into the three local animal
    hospitals with this information - is there any official
    document/guideline from a recognised source to this effect? and if
    there is, how does one get it for circulation? I would be happy to
    do the circulating if necessary.<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    Seabright. St Margarets Bay<br>
      Doninck wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA6vO3p9Of8nb8P5oVpc4Upb+9O7MQ1ZheCks_mcZAWbbYuB_g@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">An intensely beautiful but sobering movie trailer about the effects of
plastic on the Laysan Albatross

http://www.midwayfilm.com/

Helene

</pre>