[NatureNS] sightings, White Point, Queens

From: Bev Crowell <bevcrowell.55@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:26:21 -0200

--_8aede639-e090-4421-9fa5-978b1d1e09cc_

Hi Marg.
=20
I had my first Grackle of the season on Monday=2C March 25=2C so I don't kn=
ow where yours are! :)
=20
Bev
Glace Bay

=20

> [...]
> Oh! so!! Nice!!! Hot cross buns are rising and as I was cleaning up after=
=20
> the mixing=2C I was delighted to see a Heron fly by headed vaguely East o=
ver=20
> the Golf course. While I was trying to see what kind=2C two tree swallows=
 flew=20
> in=2C buzzed the house at the barn and wheeled away again! I can only hop=
e=20
> they find food but a minute later I was brushing some sort of insect from=
 my=20
> face without really being conscious of it until I realized I had soapy do=
ugh=20
> all over my cheek so maybe the worst is past. Early hummingbirds won't be=
=20
> far behind. Happy Easter all. Spring has sprung.
> Other sightings include the regulars although maybe a change in shifts of=
=20
> some=3B Chickadees=2C Juncos=2C had an American Goldfinch this am first I=
 have=20
> seen in some time=2C 5 common Redpolls=2C 2 Blue Jays=2C Both female and =
male=20
> Woody and Downy Woodpeckers. There have been Robins in and out=2C singly =
or a=20
> couple at a time but not close to our normal numbers for this time of the=
=20
> year. We thought maybe "ours" had returned awhile back=2C but it did not =
stay.=20
> Hopefully it is ok. Get quite attached to some of these creatures. I hear=
d a=20
> Red-winged Blackbird yesterday but did not see it. There is traffic in an=
d=20
> from the house close to their usual spot so maybe it will go elsewhere. I=
=20
> have not heard it today. There are more cats roaming than before so what =
to=20
> do.?
> Sparrows have been plentiful. I have Song=2C White Throats=2C what appear=
s to=20
> be a White Crowned not yet in blazing glory=2C American Tree (we had thre=
e=20
> most of the new year)=2C one single Chipping for quite some time but now =
there=20
> appear to be three but not at the same time.
>=20
> Notably missing are Grackles. Haven't seen one all waiter. Also although =
we=20
> have had a few Starlings at a time=2C thankfully not the hoards.
>=20
> Update!! a good bunch of Common Redpolls just flew in and are covering th=
e=20
> whole feeding system and grapevine!! They are raining down. Steve tried t=
o=20
> count=2C got to forty=2C more came in so he said is creepy!! I'll go see =
 		 	   		  =

--_8aede639-e090-4421-9fa5-978b1d1e09cc_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I had my first Grackle of the season on Monday=2C March 25=2C so I don't kn=
ow where yours are! :)<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Bev<BR>
Glace Bay<BR>
<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<DIV>
<DIV id=3DSkyDrivePlaceholder></DIV>&gt=3B From: mmillard@eastlink.ca<BR>&g=
t=3B To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca<BR>&gt=3B Subject: [NatureNS] sightings=2C=
 White Point=2C Queens<BR>&gt=3B Date: Fri=2C 29 Mar 2013 09:58:25 -0300<BR=
>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Good morning. The sun is shining and the ocean is sighin=
g its spring sound. <BR>&gt=3B Oh! so!! Nice!!! Hot cross buns are rising a=
nd as I was cleaning up after <BR>&gt=3B the mixing=2C I was delighted to s=
ee a Heron fly by headed vaguely East over <BR>&gt=3B the Golf course. Whil=
e I was trying to see what kind=2C two tree swallows flew <BR>&gt=3B in=2C =
buzzed the house at the barn and wheeled away again! I can only hope <BR>&g=
t=3B they find food but a minute later I was brushing some sort of insect f=
rom my <BR>&gt=3B face without really being conscious of it until I realize=
d I had soapy dough <BR>&gt=3B all over my cheek so maybe the worst is past=
. Early hummingbirds won't be <BR>&gt=3B far behind. Happy Easter all. Spri=
ng has sprung.<BR>&gt=3B Other sightings include the regulars although mayb=
e a change in shifts of <BR>&gt=3B some=3B Chickadees=2C Juncos=2C had an A=
merican Goldfinch this am first I have <BR>&gt=3B seen in some time=2C 5 co=
mmon Redpolls=2C 2 Blue Jays=2C Both female and male <BR>&gt=3B Woody and D=
owny Woodpeckers. There have been Robins in and out=2C singly or a <BR>&gt=
=3B couple at a time but not close to our normal numbers for this time of t=
he <BR>&gt=3B year. We thought maybe "ours" had returned awhile back=2C but=
 it did not stay. <BR>&gt=3B Hopefully it is ok. Get quite attached to some=
 of these creatures. I heard a <BR>&gt=3B Red-winged Blackbird yesterday bu=
t did not see it. There is traffic in and <BR>&gt=3B from the house close t=
o their usual spot so maybe it will go elsewhere. I <BR>&gt=3B have not hea=
rd it today. There are more cats roaming than before so what to <BR>&gt=3B =
do.?<BR>&gt=3B Sparrows have been plentiful. I have Song=2C White Throats=
=2C what appears to <BR>&gt=3B be a White Crowned not yet in blazing glory=
=2C American Tree (we had three <BR>&gt=3B most of the new year)=2C one sin=
gle Chipping for quite some time but now there <BR>&gt=3B appear to be thre=
e but not at the same time.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Notably missing are Grackl=
es. Haven't seen one all waiter. Also although we <BR>&gt=3B have had a few=
 Starlings at a time=2C thankfully not the hoards.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Upd=
ate!! a good bunch of Common Redpolls just flew in and are covering the <BR=
>&gt=3B whole feeding system and grapevine!! They are raining down. Steve t=
ried to <BR>&gt=3B count=2C got to forty=2C more came in so he said is cree=
py!! I'll go see if I <BR>&gt=3B can see any Hoarys.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B <=
BR>&gt=3B Marg Millard<BR>&gt=3B White Point=2C Queens Co. <BR>&gt=3B <BR>&=
gt=3B <BR></DIV> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_8aede639-e090-4421-9fa5-978b1d1e09cc_--