[NatureNS] Bird Song in NS

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:30:40 -0300
From: Andrew Stadnyk <Andrew.Stadnyk@Dal.Ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The song sparrows and swallows persist despite the weather but the
cardinals in my neighborhood seem to have fallen silent (very
infrequently heard apart from their "chip"). Do they stop
calling/singing when nesting?  I was able to provoke a reaction using
a recording earlier in the spring but no longer.

The last time I was in Jerry Lawrence Park the ovenbirds were quite
active along with the warblers, so no perceptible change there from
last year.

Regards,

Andy Stadnyk
Lower Sackville, NS