[NatureNS] Silent or migrating warblers

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:30:46 -0300

Hi Nancy & All,                            Aug 1, 2013
    I rarely hear birds because my hearing is damaged but when ants swarm
and then rain into trees I hear the clamor clearly; birds follow the ant
showers.

    I wonder if the sudden silence reflects ants swarming elsewhere ?

    Two ant nests in the yard that I checked yesterday seemed deserted. One
that I checked this morning has many winged ants.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville