[NatureNS] Hummingbirds, White Point

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:43:10 -0300

The big rush at the feeders has ended for the most part. We are back to
females and juveniles and the odd male. It was so busy that all feeders
yesterday were filled twice, at least! I hope there is fuel along the way.
One source that is usually present here is Jewel Weed but the deer hit that
last week and chewed a lot of it off! Never noticed it to that extent
before.
Oh and a Juvenile Northern Flicker was grooming in the ash tree across from
the grape arbor door door.  Very quiet, no calling and seems quite alone.
There are lots of ants about so it has that. May be the second of the two
young who were brought out by momma last Friday and Sat. when the other was
injured fatally.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca