[NatureNS] more Northern Flickers

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:59:54 -0300

it is 5 pm give or take a couple minutes. I had a sweet treat when The Cat
and I were perusing the acreage through the bedroom window. A  flicker
brought out her four babies and is trying to teach them to feed. She is
still shoving food into each mouth and how she is keeping track I don't know
but the food does seem to get into the next one each time. There is no
nattering or calling, haven't heard a sound from them yet. Hopefully the
heat will keep the cats all away. They do seem to be absent when it is hot.
Looks like we have two hummingbirds left.

Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca